Thursday, March 19, 2009

What To Do With A Mound Of Stones?



Found a bag full of strands and strands and more strands of stones. Where did I get it and what was I going to do with all of them? Have no idea but there are a lot of them and all single strands. Mostly Quartz, Aventurine, Kyanite, Moonstone, Labradorite, and Garnet. So I had this image come into my head. The scene from Close Encounters of the Third Kind when they are at the table and he starts making the mountain out of mashed potatoes. I don't know where that thought came from, maybe I'm craving mashed potatoes since I'm not eating sugar or carbs? Hey whatever, right. Its just one of those random thoughts we use to create something. Well for whatever it is, this is my version of the mountain made with stones. I know, I know mashed potatoes does such a better job.
Well anyhoo, I've split my mountain up into sections of 5 strands each and will be listing them on Beads2string. Going to have a blow out Sale section. If anyone purchases one of the listings it would be great to see what you have created. Send me a picture of your design and I will do a little feature here on The Mind of Beads.






No comments: